Job Title: Nutrition Program officer
Place of Work: Wau/Jur River County
Reports to: Nutrition Program Coordinator
Duration of contract One year with high possibility of extension
Johanniter-International Assistance, here in referred to as “Johanniter” is an International Non-Governmental organization providing assistance and support in the fields of first aid, ambulance service, social services, health and nutrition. In South Sudan, Johanniter is implementing health and nutrition programs in Western Equaorial and Western el Bahr Gazal States.
Johanniter is looking for a qualified and competent nutrition officer to support its programme in Jur River County, Western Bahar el Gazal State.The incumbent will be based in Wau.
The Nutrition program officer will support the nutrition programme coordinator to successfully implement,monitor,evaluate and provide the required accountability of the project to both internal and external stakeholders. The nutrition programme in Jur River County consists of different components including Out-patient Therapeutic Care (OTP),Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP) Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) and Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices (IYCF). The programme is intergrated in the existing Primary Health Care (PHC) and Primary Health Care Unit (PHCU) which are goverment run Health facilities.
• Supervise field based project staff and volunteers and ensure the programme is run according to established international and national standards and guidelines.
• Assess training needs of MOH staff and provide training on Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM), infant and young child feeding (IYCF), nutrition in emergencies, and other nutrition relevant areas
• Ensure availability of supplies and reporting tools needed for successful implementation of nutrition project (OTP, TSFP, BSFP and IYCF)
• Train, supervise and monitor the activities of Community Nutrition Volunteer (CNVs)
• Regularly conduct monitoring visits and provide supportive supervision to field based project staff and volunteers on nutrition activities in the programme location.
• Support the strengthening of nutrition monitoring and information systems
• Support in planning and conducting nutrition assessments and surveys
• Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report
• Represent Johanniter International Assistance in Nutrition Cluster and other relevant forums at State and County level when required
• Closely work with County Health Department, Health facilities staffs, other NGOs and project staff members
• Perform any other duties assigned by line manager
• Diploma or degree in nutrition, nursing, public health or other similar fields
• At least one year experience of working on CMAM, IYCF or other nutrition projects
• Must have received training on IMSAM/CMAM and IYCF
• Experience in conducting trainings to adult audiences
• Must be South Sudanese
• Candidates with Knowledge and experience in the project area (Jur River County) and with experience working in programmes promoting integration of nutrition into primary Health Care in Health Facilities will have added advantage
Interested applicants should submit an application letter and CV through the e-mail address: [email protected]
The subject line should be clearly be marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF NUTRITION OFFICER,WAU.“
Hard copies of applications can be dropped in both Juba and Wau offices.The office in Juba is located at Tomping near Juba Regency Hotel behind ICRC guest house.The office in Wau is located at Hai Daraja,behind Kosta Kosta petrol station.
Closing date for application is 11th May 2015.
Due to the urgency of the position, screening of applications and interviewing of candidates may be done before the closing date.