Vacancy: Sub-Grant/Compliance Officer, Wau, Johanniter International
1. Job Title: Sub-Grant/Compliance Officer
2. Organization: Johanniter International Assistance
3. Job location: Based in Wau (with Travel to the other field Locations)
4. Duration: 1 Year (November 1, 2015 to October 31st 2016)
5. Project Description:
The overall objective of Johanniter International Assistance program in South Sudan is to reduce mortality and morbidity by improving the health conditions and reducing vulnerability of people. Johanniter’s intervention aims to improve the provision of and access to quality Primary Health care and the support of improved nutrition status of children under five (5), pregnant and lactating women and other vulnerable people. Furthermore, the improved access to water, sanitation and hygiene and improved livelihoods are an essential part of Johanniter South Sudan Program
6. Job Description
Working directly under the Supervision of the Finance/ HR Administrator the Sub-Grant/Compliance Officer shall be responsible for supporting Johanniter Partners and other Johanniter Finance department staff to ensure strict compliance with Johanniter’s and donor’s guidelines.
He/she shall ensure that all incoming Documentation from the Field are fully provided, check the quality of such documentation (verify the completeness), verify the cost budget line allocations are correctly done.
He/she shall be required to perform internal Audits, including on the documentation generated for financial records, following up on the documentations generated for the beneficiaries, ensuring that what has been reported to have been issued to the beneficiaries are accurate and correct.
- Supports and train the logistics /Finance field staff and Partner Logistics and Finance staff to ensure knowledge and compliance with Johanniter guidelines, including Financial and procurement procedures and Donor Procedures.
- Analysis and follow-up of the various programs financing budgets, checking on the information from the field and reports received from the partners to ensure compliance to the laid down procedures.
- To guarantee that various Donor (BMZ, ISDP etc.) financial requirements are being complied with in every project being executed, both by Johanniter and her partners
- Support Finance and HR Administrator in budget reviews, monthly forecast, and fund transfers in line with the approved budgets of the projects at the field level and reviewing the field monthly Cash Transfer requests to ensure they are according to their real needs and level of Activities being implemented.
- Collect and audit the final documents coming from the bases and from the Partners (ensure correct Cost Centres, Budget lines, booking Texts, correctly signed, and that all documents required are available ) and Provide a complete feedback to the bases, Partners and report to the Finance/HR Administrator every month
- Carry out internal audits of the commodities delivered to beneficiaries both by Johanniter and by the partners and giving reports on any discrepancy found during such Audits and recommend necessary remedial action.
- Provide appropriate support (I.e. organize workshops & trainings) to the bases and to Partners in regards to accountancy & cash management; as well as the mission’s specific allocation guide (with the support of the Finance/HR Administrator).
- Giving a specific briefing on cash management to Project Coordinators and/or Finance/Admin Assistants and Partners and Identify and report any improvement opportunity with Partners and propose an implementation plan
- Ensure that all Procurement documents are available and complete and fully authorized and validated by various functions as required (all necessary signatures are done) before documents are sent to Juba Office or for payments in the field locations
- Work together with Partners and Jonnaniter logistics staff to ensure that all the Logistics steps are followed by the logistics personnel involved in the project implementation and if any deviation is detected, he/she would be able to react as fast as possible to correct the deviation
- Work together with the Partners to identify logistics procedures that are lacking and propose practical steps to develop these procedures tailor made to the partners ensure compliance with Johanniter and donor procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a recognized University
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position with an INGO
• Two (2) years of Audit Experience desired
• Professional in MS Word, MS Excel required and Outlook. Familiarity with computerised accounting packages will be a definite added advantage.
• Fluency in English required-ability to communicate in Arabic and any other Local Language spoken in the project area will be a definite advantage.
• A Republic of South Sudan national preferably already living in Wau County
• Honest and of high integrity
• Ability to Multi-task while maintaining a stringent eye on detail
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and representation skills
• Accurate and precise work style and ability to organize, plan ahead and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Able to work in a team setting with Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents
• Ability to use own initiative and to work with minimal supervision
• Problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
Interested applicants can submit application letter and CV to Johanniter office in Juba, Tambura, Nagger or Wau or through e-mail to [email protected]
until 16th October 2015. The Johanniter Wau Field office is located adjacent to Kosta Kosta Petrol Station while that of Juba is located at Tomping near Regency hotel behind ICRC guest house (phone number 0954525449).